6 Jan 2013

Oh, it never happened…

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 35; the thirty-fifth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. The theme for the month is "...and the world was silent again"
A poem in the voice of a raped victim…

It was another ordinary day -
Started bright and happy in every way,
But what happened next
I don’t have the guts to put it in text.

Oh, it never happened…

I am embarrassed to share
While they harassed me for I never dare;
Sinking in the ocean of despair
I am totally shattered beyond repair.

Oh, it never happened…

I feel very dirty and used
Walking around so dazed and confused;
Alas, I am still alive
Still gaining the will I need to survive.

Oh, it never happened…

Why am I a woman?
Is it to face this kind of demon?
If a thing is there to live
Its only learning how hard to strive.

Oh, it never happened…

Wish I forget what was done
Cos I don’t want my story spun.
Showing my emotions fully transparent
To let you know it is apparent;

Oh, it never happened…

That I have a secret to say
Only to hide until my dying day,
Morning till night I crave
With me, I take it to my grave.

Oh, it never happened…

I wish to bury the wound
Cos I never want to turn around;
Can I just forget and pretend
That everything is so fully mend?

Oh, it never happened…

Feeling very hurt and dumb
I lie down with my heart turns numb;
Oppressed with rage and fury
I know they tear me if I go to a jury.

Oh, it never happened…

I have got no choice
As they subdued my voice;
Who they are, I have no clue,
So I let myself believe its not true.

Oh, it never happened…

Trust me with full mind
At all, it never happened -
My mantra is to believe
To put away what I grieve.

Oh, it never happened…

How far it helps us to protect
When marching with the board, you protest?
Even if I get the justice,
I am left hapless with prejudice.

Oh, it never happened…

Surrounded with my past
Here, I feel as if I were an outcast;
It is tough being victimized
There is nothing left to be compromised.

Oh, it never happened…

Presuming every day, I die,
Under the tomb, they let me lie
With my scars that still remain...
And the world was silent again.

Oh, it never happened…

When I sit alone at night
Having all the thoughts in front my sight,
Fully awake in my empty bed, I mourn;
When you are the victim, you are never truly alone.

Whatever happened has already happened…


The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Introduced By: Google, Participation Count: 01

29 comments:

  1. I am speechless!! This is the best poem from you!!

    "Presuming every day, I die,
    Under the tomb, they let me lie
    With my scars that still remain...
    And the world was silent again."

    She is dead, but her soul still carries those scars. I really wonder can her soul rest in peace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a painful state.. Living but dead.. Thanks Valli.

      Delete
  2. This anger we feel if only we can make that stay inside & next time not walk away when some roadside loafer passes comments on us..
    This empathy we feel for the rape victims, i wish it'd make us help others in need & not walk away leaving the injured..
    Nice poem..touching & well expressed.. ATB for BAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we can go that far to save someone who is in such a need, well, that's when it shows how courageous we are. or maybe that's when the society starts transforming to the better side.

      Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  3. loved the rhyming ! it has rendered an amazing quality to the poem . . touched by the topic too . . you have weaved it extremely well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It saddens me so much. It just becomes a vicious cycle. The outrage and the protest will just fickle out. Great post.

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, indeed, it is a sad situation that prevails in our society, which needs a radical change..

      Thank you so much, Megha.

      Delete
  5. I am speechless...It is a pity, that even in this century, women are living in fear. It is disgusting to see the cynics...sic
    Very well written, little rat!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, ma'm.. am glad you dropped by :-)

      Delete
  6. Extremely well written. We are able to relate with it.. it just corresponds to what so many helpless women would have felt in this weak country.

    The part you have written at the end is pretty sensible too. Those questions, all relevant.

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these questions are being posed in our society for so long, yet unanswered.

      Thank you, Kshitji.

      Delete
  7. Your words were so touching .. it brought tears .. I could feel the unknown and unexpressed pain and wound ...Very well expressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way I am happy that my words reached its audience. that the readers could also feel the same agony which I went through while writing it..

      I am happy that my words touched you. Thanks, aativas.

      Delete
  8. Written well, loved it! We should be ashamed to be in a society like this and hope things change atleast now! Happy to see many posts in social awakening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping for a better change, yeah.. Thanks a lot, Hari.

      Delete
  9. "When you are the victim, you are never truly alone."

    This line will haunt me for long to come. very well written, With all the nightmares, embarrassment, prejudice, wounds, scars, victim is never alone. It is heart wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Meenakshi. your compliments will stay with me for long too... and I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Writer... welcome to my blog. :-)

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks Saro.. glad you dropped by. :-)

      Delete
  12. You state in your musings that it is happening in some far corner of the world and then suddenly you place the lights on our country's and culture's inadequacies.
    Except for this logical glitch, your lines are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well yeah. that's right. I have added that point cos it is still happening elsewhere in the world. but aren't we saying it proud that India is rich in culture and tradition? yet such issues happening here almost everyday.. why?

      Thou not all but cos of some perverts behaving rather uncultured way, almost the whole thing is being proved wrong. that's what I am anguished for. and those questions been posed for their cultureless attitude.

      btw, am glad for sharing your thoughts. much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  13. Well written and highlighted Rat. I appreciate your post and would vote for it. Take care and keep writing.

    ___
    http://ektakhetan.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it and also for you have seen it deserves a vote. Thanks Ekta. :-)

      Hope my scribbles continue for long with a better approach and gives a good read to all.

      Delete
  14. Justice delayed is justice denied. There's no way anyone can get justice after such a long delay.

    You say today we raise our voices and tomorrow we get on with our daily routine - but what else are people supposed to do? Life goes on...

    On a separate note, I'm not sure what gandhi's vision was for India, but there is little doubt he did his best to destroy the country (along with Nehru).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...