14 Feb 2013

A Valentine Spirit



I meant to say I love you
Before it was too late
But even before I met you
I am already out of date.
You sent me the breeze
And gave me this beautiful feel
That filled with lovely dreams
From head over the heels…

I meant to hold you close
Tightly against my heart
While my mind failed to propose
I had to tear myself apart.
Falling by your charm,
I want to hug you right away.
Inside, you made me grow warm
Yet I wander alone day by day.

I meant to whisper many things
Time and time again
Spreading my mighty wings
All went in vain.
What all I wish to do
Ever will I get to say?
Wonder can I come to you
And forever, I stay…

I meant to leave a happy note,
That brings you joy and cheer.
Then I realized am late
So never want you to fear.
Now I know life there is short
Let me wait till you can fly
And your ashes afloat.
Until then, I am a nomad in the sky.

I meant to take the backseat
As my wishes go craven
That’s the only way I retreat
Hence I am already taken.
For now, let you not know
That I ever exist…
But always, my love for you,
Will never resist…!

Happy Valentines Day!

36 comments:

  1. HI,
    WISH YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES A VERY HAPPY VALENTINE's DAY..HAVE A GOOD ONE.NICE POEM.
    Regards
    kiran
    www.shopncool.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiran. will visit your site...

      Delete
  2. Deep and soul touching! Loved the way you rhymed this poem...It's like a beautiful song!

    Happy valentines day! (Belated)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Valli.. Wishes. :-)

      Delete
  3. wow...who made u write this poem ?? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your wow comment.. and my secret valentine inspired me to write these lines. :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Khushbu.. welcome to my space. do visit again.. :-)

      Delete
  5. Unspoken, unrequited love, beautifully expressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meenakshi. I am delighted with your appreciation.. :-)

      Delete
  6. a lovely read...very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Panchali ji.. am glad you liked it and much happy that you dropped your valuable comments. :-)

      Delete
  7. i loved the feelings attached...beautifully expressed...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anjan.. I started writing it for personal use but later turned out to be a post here. am glad you loved my lines... :-)

      Delete
  8. Wow! Lovely! Enjoyed every word of the poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, sir. am happy that you enjoyed my lines.

      Delete
  9. Nice poem ..hope u enjoyed ur valentines day ...small suggestion, use font colors which will be appealing to read :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey shailu. how ru? been so long.. thanks, dear. ya, my valentine went well.. hope yours too.. and btw... point noted :-) but i do like this color.. :p

      Delete
  10. wow... this one is really nice... :)
    http://timetoseedreamzz.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anju. I welcome you to my buddy list with a big cheer and smile :-)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful...though it should not be only for valentine's day :)

    any day is a day of love :)

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton, Shooting Star. I completely agree with you, every day is the day to express love.. not alone Feb 14th :-)

      welcome to my space.. and do visit again. :-)

      Delete
  12. a really beautifully composed poem :)

    Hope Valentine's was good for you.

    Defiant Princess
    http://khanvibes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much... Valentine's was kinda ok good to me :-) welcome to my little nibbling home..

      Delete
  13. Wow, nice dear.

    Do check out my Liebster post and have fun reading :D

    http://meowconnect.blogspot.in/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meow.. and Congratulations! your award speech is nice :p

      Delete
  14. ahem...ahem...i think i definitely need a party now!! and dare you refure this time...:

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha you are so keen to get a treat from me, Arish. but how about nibbling for a cheese promptly? ;) :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...