17 Mar 2013

Lamb With Green Chillies


My mom is my inspiration in many things, and especially in cooking. This is her signature dish. Quite delicious and a hit recipe in my family. I don't know about its name reasons but we call it as Ahani Curry. When I saw this contest, I decided to make this meat curry with the healthy Fortune Rice Bran Oil. And here is the dish I cooked. Hope you all like this recipe. Try it and tell me how you like it. J


Preparation Time  30 mins
Cooking Time  30 mins
Difficulty  Intermediate
Serves 4

Ingredients

Lamb or Mutton - 250 mg, cleaned and cut in chunks
Ginger garlic paste – 2 - 3 tsp
Curd – 4 tbsp
Green Chilies - 6 – 8 (or more as per your spicy taste) slit
Mint leaves – 20 – 25 leaves
Cashews  - 10
Almond   - 8
Khus Khus - 1 tsp
Coconut Paste - 2 tbsp
Rose essence  - 2 - 3 drops
Cloves, Cinnamon, Cardamom
Bay leaves - 2
Fortune Rice Bran Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt to taste


Method

Marinate the meat in 1½ tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp curd, green chilies and enough salt.

Grind the cashew, almond and khus khus into fine paste.

Heat oil in the pressure pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves. When the leaves begin to sizzle add sliced onions. Fry till golden brown. Now add the remaining 1½ tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp curd and few mint leaves. Sauté well till the raw smell fades.

Add the marinated meat and mix well. Cover the lid. After 5 mins, add 1½  glass of water. And pressure cook for 15 minutes.

Open the lid after the pressure releases, add the coconut paste, cashew paste and more mint leaves. Mix well. Let it simmer for at least 15 minutes or until the meat is tender and the oil separates from the gravy. Finally add rose essence.

Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with white rice and raita or simply with spring hoppers or with any Indian Rotis.

Variations - This recipe can be cooked with Chicken. Plus this gravy can also be used to make tasty Ahani Biryani.

Happy Cooking..! Happy Eating..!




This post is a part of Healthy & Tasty Recipe Contest with Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil & BlogAdda.com

20 comments:

  1. Though I am a vegetarian, but this seems to be interesting dish even if prepared with paneer or tofu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet tried Tofu. if you prepare this recipe with it, do let me know how it came out.

      Delete
  2. Hello there!!
    Those pics make my mouth water :P I haven't tried cooking lamb before...might try this one with chicken :D Thanks for the recipe :)
    P.S.- Your 41st follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my little burrow, Swarnali. am glad you dropped by. do let me know after you try this with chicken. :-)

      Delete
  3. Yum!:) Lamb!I love it! Will try out ur recipe and let u know dear:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure Bushra.. hope you like it :-)

      Delete
  4. this dish reminds me of something else :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know you dont like mutton.. then why bother about thinking of something else? btw, ask your mom to cook it with chicken and let me know the output :-)

      Delete
    2. why dont u cook for me lazy rat :P

      Delete
  5. Since I'm a veggie, I'll try this dish replacing with vegetables :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah sure.. i haven't tried with veggies.. but i think cauliflower n beans may go well with this base gravy. do let me know if you like this.

      Delete
  6. Wow...that sounds yummy...I'll try this for sure this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you like this dish. if you want richness, add some ghee while seasoning.. looking forward to your review on this dish after trying out :-)

      Happy cooking..!

      Delete
  7. This is definitely delicious .
    As my husband is a great cook and a mutton lover bookmarking this to show to him :)
    Good lck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Afshan.. do try it. hope you guys like it :-) keep visiting again..

      Delete
  8. Looks delicious......... Best wishes for the competition......

    Debnature
    Kenfolios

    ReplyDelete
  9. It surely looks very tempting. All the best dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saru. happy that you found it tempting :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...