17 Apr 2013

The Girl In The Red Cap


‘Go... Walk... Show your style... Create a wave in there. Not alone models and actresses need to look good. Everybody has their own way and everyone deserves to appear stylish. Not necessarily the prize matters but don’t forget to make your magic along with your friends!’

I was biting my nails just before my first ever fashion show, when my mom’s voice lingered inside my ears.

My mom is my stylist ever since I was born. She has a great dressing sense and also knows how to present it well. When I told her I enrolled for the fashion parade in my intercollegiate culturals, she got enthusiastic more than me and helped me picking the outfit and the accessory in no time at all. 

In the dressing room with friends, I was getting ready in the eleventh hour. I could hear the announcement of the participants' names when i secured the final drape of my saree with a broach. Honestly, I was numb struck while they called out my name to come to the backstage as I was there standing like this...


I thought I was going to be screwed. I had no time to do my hair properly. However best our hair can be, we all have our bad hair day, without an exception. And that was one such day to me. Since I had shampooed that very morning and blow dried in my hurry burry, unfortunately it looked rather frizz. But to my rescue came some Silky Hair Potion and my dry tresses settled in place for the time being.

My friend Faz saved me that moment and quickly did my hair with the simple yet pretty Twisted Hair Do secured it with bobby pins letting my hair loose. Finally I placed the only accessory, the matching red velvet cap that belonged to my brother who uses it for prayer, slightly tilted on my head. That’s it. I was done. Imagine a saree with a cap. You may even think it was funny like few of my friends thought, asking me to remove it just before the walk. I didn't want to but I was confused until Faz asked me not to as it uplifted my entire look. I felt relieved that someone approved my idea.

We actually enrolled to have fun with friends but ever since I signed up, I was dreaming about walking in that very stage. The moment they announced my name, some 100 butterflies started to flying inside my stomach. I nervously stepped out from the backstage and set my foot in the ramp. Taking a deep breath I stood there hesitantly for few seconds before my first step. I can never forget walking up there like it was me living a dream. The lights were all over and my eyes filled with amusement as I looked at the crowd. That was the moment. No matter I win or not, I felt like I already created the wave. I finished my little walk with twists and turn I practiced, hiding all those butterflies inside, I stood there patiently waiting for others to finish. I was wondering how magical it all really could be and how luckily I did it without tripping down with my heels on. I was lost in my own world when the lights were spotting unto me as they announced the result. The magic, it did work. It has already been quite sometime I am done with my college life. But even now when I visit there, the lecturers from other departments as well can remember me as ‘the girl in the red cap’.

Then and there I learnt, not necessarily, we need to go to a salon to look like a Diva. Stay in the luxury of your home. There you - Sit. Relax. Listen to soothing music. Stress free. Watch your favorite program on TV. But still you get pampered from head to toe.

No matter how well we are dressed, with not good hair, it is a spoilt occasion. That leaves with no choice but to have perfect hair to dictate our own style. But remember good hair don’t show up just by accident. They result with the careful hair care regime. And to get that silky tangle free hair with no frizz, that too without leaving home. Well, if you want to achieve the hair perfection, it is important to wash your hair regularly while it is more important to know the right method of washing it. No one wants our coif to become oily and flat or dry and frizzy, ain’t it?

Well, as you know, washing our hair is a very simple job. It’s because we wash it at least twice or thrice a week. But how many of us act tenderly on our locks? First we must learn the right method of washing our hair. You may think, what’s there to learn in it? But there is - a lot.

Remember the idea of shampooing is not to just wash our hair, but to clean our scalp and remove the dirt, sebum, oil and dust. But wait - are you sure you are using the right shampoo? For choosing the right one, we should know the type of our hair. Either it can be normal, oily, dry or even combinational. With the range of TRESemmé collection, the solution is quite easy and the problem already solved.

For my straight and normal hair type, this is the choice of shampoo arrived to me in the package. And of course, it left me with silky tangle free hair even long after my wash and finger combed as well. To mention, I like the smell of it too.


Though I always tie my hair up and wear scarf when I go out, with my feathered hair cut I leave my hair loose almost all the time when I am with my family and friends. But with this sweaty summer heat, I have to secure it with a top pony or an updo with a croc clip, which always end up a messy look. Messy Up Do that suits me naturally which is way too stylish. And can be done in no time at all. Pin a hair accessory or a fresh flower to make it prettier. It is best suitable for any occasion.


Ponytails can always come handy but also make our life rather practical yet so boring. But this Butterfly Ponytail gives me another nostalgic feeling. Young memories when I first started to try out new different hairstyles during my school days. One of my uncles from Hong Kong gifted me a little plastic hoop which helped me to master many interesting hairstyles. And I am still having it with me. I remember well how I used to flaunt it among my friends. It was like anyone who can tie a ponytail, can do this ‘topsy tail’. To achieve this Topsy Tail, first gather your hair into a lower pony and secure it with the rubber band. Then shove the handle of the hoop through the top of the ponytail, put the hair through the loop and pulled the hoop with pony through. Topsy Pony..! Voila..! Butterfly effect made...!


Braid the ponytail and secure it with an elastic or a lace for an innovative Braided Butterfly.


Another variation, is to insert the hoop again and pull your hair down to give a cool Topsy Updo. Accessorize it with a hair clip or a pretty hair comb or simply leave it at that. This is best suitable for all age and for any occasion as well.


Talking about ponytails, we can achieve lots of effects with little bit of imagination and creativity. Here this Twisted Ponytail, simple yet very pretty. Be it for college or work or for party or even to walk in the ramp, this one is apt to change your boring hairstyle day.


Having TRESemmé in my pouch, I am saved from my bad hair days. Their DIYs saved my time to look stunning in not more than two minutes. C'mon.. We don't even have to go to the salon any more to treat our hair. That means our earnings are saved too. ;-) 


Now with my beautiful tresses, I am ready and confident to walk in the ramp again. Are you ready to join me?

Do visit TRESemmé Style Album and be ramp ready always.

Thank you, TRESemmé. J

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Meera, very nicely explained:) Love the hairstyles<3 Butterfly ponytail is my fav too:) Cheers to ur post and best of luck for the contest:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your lovely comment, Bushra :-)

      Delete
  2. it is well narrated, but it took me a while to read through it ! however you have done justice to the post by putting your own experiences !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah bit lengthy, perhaps.. but thanks a lot for your patience to read and i appreciate that you left your comment behind.. :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely review Rat! I loved the another variations you added to the ponytail. Wish you all the best dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. informatic article!! all the best! ^_^ <3 the last style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. welcome to my space. :-)

      Delete
  5. first of all let me wish you for the contest !!
    Secondly, I have read more than a dozen of posts on the topic.. all equally competitive ( great that I am not the judge :) ) can u give a clue of a manly long hairstyle (without haircut)I tie them like normally a woman would do ...but I wish I could get some free advise on the issue ... the way u mentioned boring pony but then thats what the world does !! Big Deal !!
    If I dont get an answer to this , I am planning , even I would sponsor a contest . :D
    nice read all the more coz the title girl in red cap was so nicely narrated and justified !!
    hei!! but dont forget suggesting me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... yeah you could say ponytails come in handy and practical as i said so.. whats the big deal in this hurry world.. but yet we can make a little twists in it to bring about a difference.. thats my point. :-)

      And about your query, I can only think of same old ponytails but with again a little twist in it. if the hair is lengthier, you can even tie up the last pony... Check this picture

      I dono if its helpful but oops, right now nothing else comes in my mind.. good luck with your hair do. :-)

      Delete
    2. hei Rat :) thats a gr8 Idea... who minds tying hair like Beckham after all its not about bending like him !! :D
      In any case my hair length has crossed his !! but still I guess this is style is manly enough to flaunt my long hair !
      :)

      Thanks a ton and I give 9.75/10 for the wonderful suggestion
      .25 I will add up after i successfully tie my hair in that way. I know I would look as cool as him .. who knows even better :D :D

      Delete
    3. haha.. yeah, even better, who knows.. do let me know if i did catch up that .25 :p

      Delete
  6. woww! nice review dear and i just luvd most of the hair styles! quite informative too :) keep writing tc :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anjali and keep visiting to my space :-)

      Delete
  7. Nice post dear. Gook luck for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samar. welcome to my blog :-)

      Delete
  8. Those are some simple hairstyles thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a good one :) all the best for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. hey yeah thanks.. i came to know only after seeing your comment here lol.. :) and many wishes on ur win too :)

      Delete
  11. as a truly fashion-in-the-dark mom, this was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah a fashionable mommy.. thank you so much Sandra.. welcome to my space. keep visiting :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...