8 May 2013

My Food Journey in Bangalore - Part 2


Its been already more than 2 weeks I actually started writing my food journey. In between I took a break and diverted into few other topics and so I felt like I was postponing it. Well anyways today I found some time and let me share my yet another food journey in Bangalore here.

On my first weekend in Bangalore, my brother took us to Hotel Nandhini in Domlur for lunch. Famous restaurant for Andhra cuisine rendering tasty hot n spicy meals. Good ambiance and good serving. I liked the way they mix the plain rice with podi (spicy powder) with dhal and papad for side dish. It included few varieties of vegetables too. Delicious and stomach filling lunch. But I dint click it properly that day. So the pictures may not be tempting but it will be in real.

After our lunch, here comes our dessert time. We drove to Corner House Ice cream Parlor, which is almost 10-15 minutes drive from Hotel Nandhini, to gobble ice creams J Be it cakes or ice creams, chocolate is my favorite flavor. So we placed our order - Chocolate Nut Sundae and Lychee with whipped cream.  It has a nice open space to sit around and a great place to hangout with friends. We enjoyed our time there. Do try this chocolate nut ice cream if you go. It was like their specialty.


Then we decided simply to travel around the city in Metro. My first time in metro and less crowd since it was Sunday. So it was like we were travelling alone in that compartment. Nice view of the city with colorful flowers flourishing all around the city depicting the spring with a beautiful sunset.




Finally at the end of the day, we went to Forum mall. Where we hanged out a bit and did some shopping. Dinner at Sahib Sindh Sultan Restaurant. The place was huge and it was a warm and dimly lit restaurant. The interior took me to another era and it was like as if we were traveling in a train compartment. Lovely experience and superb food. We ordered Prawn Pulao and Chicken Biriyani. The service was good. So as the quantity of the food and the taste too. Bit expensive but worth an experience.


After the meal they served us the sweet jeera and tamarind balls. Finally they offered us Paan for dessert. While we refused it at first, my cousin was so curious about how a paan tastes. So we both ordered for Sweet Paan, while the boys kept their mouth shut. It looked really tempting when it arrived with silver foil and cherry decoration. I put it in my mouth. One gentle bite. A blast inside my mouth.. lol. A new taste I don't know how to describe but it was ok. kinda 50-50 likes.. I had to tightly seal my lips to avoid that liquid oozing out and stain my scarf. hehe. Thus my food journey that day ended with a sweet blasting note.



Locations 

Hotel Nandhini - # 154, 2nd Stage, Domlur.

Corner House - 12th Main, 8th Cross, Next to HDFC Bank, Indiranagar.

Sahib Sindh Sultan Restaurant - 2nd Floor, The Forum, Koramangala.

My Food Journey Continues...

48 comments:

  1. Rats .. looks like its a gr8 joint !! How do you find the metro out there ?? had no clue they are operative ! Nice post !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its been running since last year. Quite many people are using it daily. we did use metro few other times after that day. it was comfortable, decently crowded and quick n easy mode of travel too. And yeah.. also enjoyed some wonderful food in the city :-)

      Delete
    2. when its Metro we guys may not be the best but first Rats - 25 year old Metro of Kolkata Rats :D
      Chennai .. come on !! Mumbai come on !! hahahahaha
      I was reading the comments :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice pics...i m still waiting for metro in mumbai who already took hell lot of time for constructions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here.. we are waiting for the metro to get started in Chennai but its been under construction for so long..

      Delete
  3. Nice post Meera :)
    From where did you catch the metro? MG road?...cause nly a few are functional u are lucky to board it :)
    The food looks delicious! I am falling in love with B'lore all over again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah we got down in MG Road. but we boarded in IndraNagar / Bommanahalli.. oops I forgot the name :( but it was so much fun though :)

      Delete
  4. Seems you had fun! Loved the pics and the ambience of Sahib sindh sultan restaurant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah totally.. its ambiance was perfect for a lovely evening. :)

      Delete
  5. if u can visit Gandhibazar in south bangalore, don't forget a cozy dosa place called the 'Vidyarthi Bhavan' They make the yummiest dosas u can find anywhere in blore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if I visit there, sure I'd love to try. cos I like the taste of Sambhar there.. it has a tinge of sweetness in it. I had Dosa in Woodys at Commercial Street. But as we were hungry, we immediately gobbled the dosa rather than clicking it :-)

      Delete
  6. wow rat....u are going to make the entire blogosphere salivate with ur pictures ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been to bangalor in pre -metro days and loved the south indian food there!!..for me best food was at my dad's friend's house :)

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol even my favorite is my cousin's cooking. :-)

      Delete
  8. loved the interiors of SSS Restaurant. ill surely give it a try whenever I will go to Bengaluru :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you should.. its really a nice place to spend your evening with friends or family :)

      Delete
  9. mmmhhh. that's a delicious post dear. I have never been to Bangalore, but I certainly look forward to being there. And I had no idea about metro being running there, so good to know that too. I guess it (metro) will be less crowded than here (delhi). And some fantastic cuisines there, I am hungry already. :)

    Keep dishing out dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will be delighted if you visit there, Deepak.. lovely climate, friendly people, interesting places in & around the city to spend your day and wonderful cuisine indeed :D

      Delete
  10. I loved....specially the food...i am always a big fan of cuisine out there...loved the see the pics...last time i visited Bangalore...metro was still in construction ...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anjan.. now the metro is running and so cool it is.. :)

      Delete
  11. Yummy post.. am already feeling hungry.. Very informative. And loved the way you put rat there on the glass.. very creative

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bangalore has lot of place for the food treat!!And according to me the taste of Bangalorean food is good too.We can see so many people are hunting for these foods in the morning and as well in the night..

    Restaurant Deals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya indeed Bangalore is a place for the food treat.. with multi cuisine.. and ofcourse i like Bangalorean Sambhar.. it has some unique sweet taste to it.. thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete

  13. awesome post,thanks for sharing ur views,want to spend your weekend by wildlife safari then kgudi resorts is best place
    to get good experience

    ReplyDelete

  14. The information is very usefull,for more see this also
    Scissor Lift Rentals


    ReplyDelete

  15. The information is very usefull,for more see this also
    Forklift Parts Supplier


    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey very nice blog….Finaly me too looking out for vacation with my family after a long tight schedule im looking resorts around Bangalore so please suggest me few

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice blog. More informative. Thanks for sharingLunch Buffet in Koramangala

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent post! I must thank you for this informative read. I hope you will post again soon.
    Kind regard
    Laundry Machine Manufacturers In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...