21 Jul 2013

...And I Blushed!


The waves slapping the shore
And the sun rose up above,
I jogged past him to glance more
Springing with so much of love...
Out of the corner of my eyes
I watched him exercise
Butterflies flying over to fill
The scent of daffodil...

With morning sky so cloudy
And the soft rays sizzling on me
I sat down in the beach
Having my urge beyond the reach...
I started to build the castle in the sand
When he walked to me asking for my hand
He pulled me closer and hugged me warm,
While I safely snuggled inside his arm...

We danced in the sand dune
Trying to carry the romantic tune,
He brushed my lips leaving me stiff and numb...
And I blushed with my goosebumps.
As he caressed my cheek
Making me grow weak,
I felt the first droplet of rain
When he whispered, ‘I love you...’ lifting me again.

I smiled in a little shy
Filled with passion I can never deny
I craved to say ‘I love you more’
But it started to downpour.
Closing my eyes, my vision was blurred
All went vague, yet my emotions stirred.
Heavy wind pulled him away
Leaving me shaky, shiver and sway...

Pouring heavily on my face, I sigh
And slowly opened my eyes...
‘Wake up...’ mommy shook me in anger
Carrying a jug full of water...
‘5 minutes mom....’ my eyes shut in lazy mellow
While I snuggled with my soft pillow -
Trying to catch a glimpse of him,
Sigh... I had to wake up from my dream...!



This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

41 comments:

  1. loved the romantic touch:) a nice one Meera :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....nice twist :)...I wish it happens for you in real :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a generous wish, hehe :P but i know what you actually wished for, thambi.. haha rofl.. :D

      Delete
  3. ungalam enda tsunami thookala :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why why oh why do beautiful moments always end up in dreams !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol maybe it is the land where we have our freedom with no rules to follow... :p

      Delete
  5. once again you wrote a nice post :)) btw was it really a dream?? :P and i was imagining how rat will blush :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya too bad its a dream :( and let me know how rats blushed in your imagination :P

      Delete
  6. I like this. How do you add the cute rabbit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. well, you have to add a code for it..

      Delete
  7. haha.. this reminds me of my story 'Unforeseen destination' :P
    the romance was superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks... let me read it now :P

      Delete
  8. Wow Wow that is quite good Romantic Dream you had...Loved the Lines.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you loved it.. thanks Harsha :)

      Delete
  9. BEAUTIFUL.... magical it is...
    keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apt to the theme -- well justified packed with love ... and romance serene .. you have done a fabulous job dear !!Super Like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jack, thank you so much for your complement. :)

      Delete
  11. Woow ... what a capture through words !! beautiful indeed ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it much.. thanks Aziz :)

      Delete
  12. That's awesome composition. Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rat, that was really nice! Geetashree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Geetashree. keep visiting. :)

      Delete
  14. Really Beautiful meera! Loved your choice of words :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. thanks Sid. and its so good to see you back here. keep visiting my nibbles :)

      Delete
  16. this one is brilliant... so cute dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was great.. mostly all love poems are all the same but you have put the details differently. loved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...