2 Jul 2013

The Shopping Spree...!


Courtesy - Google

'Come, Let's go darling...!'

Oops, my eyes came out popping,
As she handed me the list for shopping...
I can imagine the scene where I go insane.
From skirts and jeans to chocolates and beans

Every kitchen things to fulfill the need
Gizmos, gadgets and more books to read,
Gifts, jewelry and baby toys make her gay
Oh... At the end, what a tiring day!

I am so exhausted carrying the bags
But casually, she asked me to sit and relax
Standing in the counter to pay the bills
Uff, not finished her purchase still.

As soon as she saw the make-up stuff
She couldn't take her eyes off
I whispered, ‘Can’t it wait till the summer sale?’
Her mind replied me the ‘Buy more...’ tale.

From clutches and coolers to shoes and slipper
Sigh, how could I forget the food for dinner...?
Every shop in the road, we roam
Ignoring my, ‘let’s go home’...

Tender coconut to quench my thirst,
Until my wallet goes empty almost...! 
Wonder if I find my time free,
Oh.. when will she end this shopping spree...?

36 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Awesome! :D Beautifully composed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rat, this is awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was cool Meera. Nice composition. I just hate shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. i hope Anjali is not a shopaholic.. ;-) thanks Jahid for dropping by.. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautifully written Meera! I am shopaholic too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha me too Valli.. thanks dear :)

      Delete
  5. Hahaha..I guess common story of every Husband or Boyfriend...
    Very nicely written..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess so too.. :P thanks Harsha.

      Delete
  6. Ha ha ha. My heart goes to the poor man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks and am happy you enjoyed.. i pity him too :P

      Delete
  7. hehe, hope u dnt do the same to your husband :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. i cant assure. but will ask him and let you know one day :p ;-)

      Delete
  8. beautifully weaved :) .. i second with Ritesh :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowww :) your poem is every women's delight :) loved every line of it. If I could bring in my blog here..I could imagine my Shrimati nagging with Shrimaan for shopping :D :D
    very well written RAT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol i just of thought of that too. poor Amit.. haha :D

      keep visiting Jiggyasa.. am delight with your comment :)

      Delete
  10. :D That was a fun read...being a shopaholic myself I enjoyed it more :P:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seems you can relate to it too. lol. keep visiting. :)

      Delete
  11. the hidden poet ??
    thanks for making me giggle !! awesome work Meera !!
    reminds me of my "boyfriend" days .. how I had to take Udhaar from friends to buy presents :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, jack. and am happy that you did enjoy my writing..

      hidden poet eh? :( how about pretending like one? :P visit my poetry section, jack.. i think i am trying so hard to pretend ;)

      Delete
  12. a great experience in a poem. Expressed nicely Meera :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy to see your comment.. seems you have an experience too.. have fun Saurabh :p

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...