4 Sep 2013

Fragrant Memories


Smell can be mild, smell can be wild
Leaving my memories mesmerized
Smell can be quiet, smell can be loud
Entice to take me into the cloud, I enjoy...

                                    My granny’s chicken roast
                                    Breakfast bread and toast
                                    Tempering aroma of the fish
                                    With onion, curry leaves and mustard seeds, I smelled...

Sniff of petrol from the car
The smoke out of my dad’s cigar
Mommy’s Lux and Palmolive
Reminds me of those days, I lived...

                                     Nothing so riper
                                     Like a freshly pooped diaper
                                     Eww.. not every smell is good
                                     But still it brings me back that mood, I irked...

My little brother’s eau-de-cologne
The baby powder, I applied on
Soft touch of that milky cheek
With my first sweet peck, I kissed...

                                      As the rain touched the land
                                      Just enough to wet the sand
                                      That breezy aroma mixed
                                      With my first coffee brewed, I loved...

Night lilies of the spring
Which made my heart sing,
Whiff of attar perfume's pleasant tease
Brings me back my Grandpa, I miss...

                                       Newly painted wet wall
                                       It wholly consumed me tall,
                                       Fresh bundle of grass and hay
                                       Stacked then in my back yard, I’d say...

My first baked brownie in the oven
Smelled just like a heaven
Chocolate flavor filled the air
While I was waiting to devour, I inhaled...

                                        Peculiar taste I used to dwell
                                        By blowing off the candle and I smell
                                        Achoo.. That dusty attic room
                                        I once went to clean with a broom, I sneezed...

Latenight movie ritual with my family
Bowl full of popcorn to carry
Smelled salty enough to steal my diet away
Offered a perfect ending of that day, I rejoiced...

                                         So as you can now tell
                                         I have a keen sense for smell
                                         Thinking of all these fragrances above
                                         All over again, I simply fall in love... And I smile...!


To enjoy the smell and to have a big smile, try some irresistible fragrances from Ambipur. This post is written for Smelly to Smiley  Ambipur contest in Indiblogger.

32 comments:

  1. simply awesome! mark my words, this is gonna fetch you a bunch of awards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot, Ashwin.. and that was too kind of you to say it ;)

      Delete
    2. all the best for the contest :)

      Delete
  2. Nice one Meera...:)
    All the best for the contest..:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. pah pah! Too nice and descriptive :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ur an extreamly good writter... Loved your creation.
    Dont forget to enter my giveaway.
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/08/my-bday-ahai-shopping-giveaway.html
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Pooja.. glad you loved it :)

      Delete
  5. wow! simply awesome... beautiful.. no words to xpress hw much i luvd dis one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you loved it much Anju. thank you dear :)

      Delete
  6. Praises for you Meera..Wonderfully written and while reading this I was actually getting the smell of some of the things mentioned..
    Good Luck for the contest.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im glad this brings back some smells to you. happy to see your lovely comment Harsha. thanks :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! lovely composition Meera. All the best for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is fantabulous :) ur getting better and better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your kind appreciation :)

      Delete
  9. This is the bestest of the best. You are surely gonna win Rat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Surbhi, good to see you here after a long time... thank you for the sweet comment :)

      Delete
  10. Wow rat. Great style. I can see you are targeting the top prize. Cool. Very good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. lets see.. thanks rats. :)

      Delete
  11. what a write up! beautiful memories ! :) all the best for contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my.. this is so beautiful. I wish I could compose something like this. Bestest Of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poetry at its best form... Very very beautifully put up poetry :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you.. welcome to my space :)

      Delete
  14. words put well together can create magic ,
    well done ,

    the the best ,

    that's me:
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=272244

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot Disha.. keep visiting my space :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...