26 Oct 2013

Do I need a reason to pray?


Every night and every day 
Sitting in silence - 
When I bow my head and say... 
Do I need a reason to pray?

Way to connect with a feeling
To realize the spirit of life -
When prayer becomes my breathing...
Do I need a reason to pray?

Things around me grows deceiving
And the going gets tough -
When I find the courage to keep on moving...
Do I need a reason to pray?

The only One I can talk free
Where my secrets are bound safe -
When He alone understands the depth in me...
Do I need a reason to pray?

Having all the sins I erred
I seek for forgiveness -
When He wipes away my tears that shed...
Do I need a reason to pray?

Looking gloomy in despair,
Yet, blooms the hope to survive -
When the Oneness can mend and care...
Do I need a reason to pray?

Happiness to embrace
The smile that I wear -
When I am bestowed with His grace...
Do I need a reason to pray?

Protection from evil forces
Saves my respect from breaking bad -
When He guides me through the right choices...
Do I need a reason to pray?

I lit the incense
To create an ambiance -
When the stillness ignites my true sense...
Do I need a reason to pray?

Blessed with good wealth
Gratitude for the life I live -
When I receive His kindness upon my health...
Do I need a reason to pray?

Being well and lively
I stay content with His mercy -
When joyous air fills my family...
Do I need a reason to pray?

Searching for solace every day
Looking towards the sky, I thank -
And raise my hands to pray...
‘Oh God, You are the most beneficent, the most merciful..!’

Festival Greetings...!

Eid Mubarak...! Happy Diwali...!



As they say Diwali is a season for celebrations and festivity, Sampoorna Lakshmi Pooja pack makes a perfect gift for Diwali - the festival of lights. The pack has small deity idols, 30 pooja essentials and a booklet and audio cd which conveniently guides you through the pooja step by step. Since I don’t practice these ritual poojas, this year I would like to gift Sampoorna Lakshmi Pooja pack to my childhood bestfriend who lives abroad and finding it difficult to do poojas traditionally. I am sure she will be delighted to receive this gift.





And I celebrate this festive season - Eid by gifting Cycle Brand Incense pack
To my Grandma who taught me
The essence of prayer and the value of life.

This post is part of pureprayer.com contest, 'Everyone has a reason to pray..!' 
Organised by Cycle Pure Agarbathies.

May God Showers His Blessings Upon You All...!!!


This post is also shared in Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers


49 comments:

  1. All the reasons to pray. divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Kalpana for seeing it divine. am glad :)

      Delete
  2. Wow a perfect piece of writing! full of blessings in each and every moment and God you are the most beneficent, the most merciful! loved it ratz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you loved it.. thanks a lot Anju :)

      Delete
  3. beautiful piece ! Do i need a reason to praise this one ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Meera...."searching for solace everyday..looking towards the sky I thank.."lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happy to see your comment.. thank you Sfurti :)

      Delete
  5. great blog.....we can follow each other on GFC,bloglovin and twitter.....do let me know i will then follow back
    kisses
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kriti. if you like my blog, you're most welcome to follow it. and sure i will check on your space too. :)

      Delete
  6. what a way to be thankful to Him....! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice lines and tells how much you celebrate your life ! all the best for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Uma. good to see you here :)

      Delete
  8. Very beautiful and inspirational. I would love to see photos of the festival of light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Vashti.. :)
      Diwali is celebrated with lighting crackers and diyas.. but since I don't know much about the significance behind it, I will try to share with you some pictures from online.. :)

      Delete
  9. Simply Lovely Lines Meera.. :)
    Reason are many to pray..
    And May your Prayers are answered by the Almighty.. :)
    Good Luck for the contest.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Harsha for your wishes.. :)

      Delete
  10. They are unlimited reasons why we need to pray and the poem you have penned has few of the most beautiful reasons :)
    Lovely lovely poetry :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely poem :)

    all the best for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Ankita. keep visiting :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. thank Shubam. welcome to my space and keep visiting :)

      Delete
  13. Beautifully penned. All the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Poem, Meera! :)
    Really smart to share it for 2! Two-in-One Bonanza! :) Thanks for the cool idea!
    (Am getting the great idea now coz even I wrote a Post with poem & prose for 'Everyone has a reason to Pray!' !) :)
    Congrats for WOW!
    All the best for the Cycle Brand Contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol the post fits in those two places. that was a coincidence and i made use of it :)
      thanks a lot Anita.. :)

      Delete
  16. I like the Cycle agarbati ads. But I don't pray. I light agarbatis in the toilet. They are good disinfectants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea true that they are disinfectant and of course room freshener.. but i'm sure that the incense companies don't bother where you light it but only if you're buying their product. :P
      may God bless you, Tom :)

      Delete
  17. A very nice read! :D And All the best for the contest!
    And darling you've been nominated for the liebster award on my blog!

    http://talkinginmydream.blogspot.in/2013/10/its-liebster-award-tada.html

    keep going.
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya that's so nice of you to think of me to share your award, Harshini.. I am honored and so excited. many thanks and my wishes to you.. :)

      Delete
  18. Dear Meera,
    More awards to add to your kitty!

    Here's my Liebster Award & Creative Blogger Award just for you & your awesome Blog!

    To accept, please do see my Post:
    http://anitaexplorer.blogspot.in/2013/11/2-in-one-my-1st-liebster-creative.html
    Looking forward to your reply! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thanks so much Anita for sharing your happy moment with me. sure will try to write an acknowledgement post soon. and ofcourse with answers to your questions :p

      Delete
  19. Prayer is a way to reach God!
    Very beautiful poem Meera :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to see your comment Valli. thank you :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...