19 May 2015

Arya Stark Of Winterfell



With pride and ego they all play,
The dangerous game of the Seven Kingdoms..
To lay claim to the great Iron throne.

Shining under the soft light,
Clanking on another steel, here I practice
Dancing lesson with my master.

'Moving swift as a deer,
And quick as a shadow..
Fear cuts deeper than swords.'

Thin long sword glints in sun,
My grip tightens and my lip utters..
Joffrey, Cersei, Ilyn Payne.

The list grows day after day,
Eyes sharp and slender hands firmly clutching..
My Needle, looking to pierce into their skin.

'Anyone can be killed,
Valar Morghulis..
But I am no one.'

In the name of Old Gods and New,
I am Arya Stark of Winterfell..
Waiting to avenge.

Inspired by Game Of Thrones, one of my favorite series. And Arya Stark is my favorite character other than Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow. Needle is the name of Arya Stark's sword. :) 

Do you watch GoT? If yes, who is your favorite character?

31 comments:

  1. I don't watch GOT, but everyone around me is a big fan. High time, I should start following the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah Saru, watch it and let me know how you like the series :-)

      Delete
  2. Very nice :)

    http://zigzacmania.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Roopz. Keep visiting :-)

      Delete
  4. This is brilliant ! GoT is my fav show! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Prateek. GoT is awesome :-)

      Delete
  5. I don't watch it but after reading this I think I should

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arya is my favorite too and I love Tyrion Lannister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing. Cheers! :-)

      Delete
  7. Now i am also in the list who dont follow GOT, however got to know, and be sure ill read it once again when i start following :)
    Btw, the poem what brilliantly scripted !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the poem, Aziz :-)

      Delete
  8. I'm like Saru. Haven't seen a single episode of GOT. got to catch up I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you'll enjoy the show, Namrota :-)

      Delete
  9. Every character in game of thrones is vital. My favourite is Daenerys Targaryen - Mother of Dragons and ofcourse this is apart from Tyrion Lannister :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Tyrion is favorite for many :-)

      Delete
  10. Wow a poem on a series thats awesome Meera, I have watched house of cards and missed this....with so many season may be late of catch up on :( super poem, now i want to see the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched all the 4 seasons back to back more than once :P and it is amazing. :)
      glad you liked the poem, Shweta. Thanks :)

      Delete
  11. I haven't seen the series, but have heard a lot about it ... I did like your poem and the characters if has :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my poem.. thanks Amrit :-)

      Delete
  12. Arya Stark is among favorites and i love this poem :) brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sachin. keep visiting :)

      Delete
  13. 'fear cuts deeper than swords'...very true....nice lines...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sumana. Keep visiting! :)

      Delete
  14. Don't watch Game of Thrones, inspire of that I loved your poem :) superb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Also one of few who hasn't made it through a while episode of GOT although strong female leads always worth celebrating

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...