31 May 2015

Why?



Why do I have to feel this way?
Why whenever you needed, did I stay?
Why did I never think you’d leave?
Why did your words make me believe?

Why did I fall in love with you?
Why did I not realize you are untrue?
Why did I let you fool me twice?
Why did I not see through your eyes?

Why did I stop smiling now?
Why did I not know you'd break the vow?
Why did I apologize as if I was always wrong?
Why did I never show I am enough strong?

Why did I let you think I made the mistake?
Why did I not sense your promises fake?
Why did I trust your love was heart-felt?
Why did I feel your touch made me melt?

Why do I allow my life go in vain?
Why do I need to infiltrate this pain?
Why do I now care anymore?
Why do I hope things will be fine like before?

Why do I get upset and why do I cry?
Why after all, do I even need to try?

I shouldn't... I wouldn't...
And I don’t want to...
Yet, I still do...
But why?


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. this is an extra dose.. still, I like it. :P Thanks, Gowtham :-)

      Delete
  2. There're so many why's which cannot be answered!
    Lovely poem with lovely why's:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Amit ji :-)

      Delete
  3. There is always that why
    To which we can't reply
    There is always that truth
    In a mist of frozen lies


    Brilliant poem ... loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth hidden in the midst of frozen lies.. deep thoughts and lovely words, Amrit.. Glad you loved mine. Thanks. :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing post my dear <3 !
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely lovely poem dear ! Simple and heart wrenching :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't we all gone through this point sometime in our lives? I guess the answer will be, because the protagonist is too pure of heart! lovely lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it. thanks, Titli :)

      Delete
  7. Why? Because love it is...
    And love comes with endless whys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. endless whys carry love and only love! thank you Loco mente :)

      Delete
  8. A poem loaded with raw emotions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, emotions are quite raw and they are the voices of our soul. thank you Purba :)

      Delete
  9. I guess some questions have no answers !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if only we know the answers.. glad to see you here after a long time, Jyotsna. keep visiting more often :)

      Delete
  10. This was the most popular place ....nice post, i like that car hire for Agra

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...