29 Jun 2015

For You Know Me Better Than Myself…


Breathless moments, I lived
Endless days, I survived
Restless nights, I settled
With some hope to know me better.

My tears trickled, my screams stifled,
My mind naked, my face pressed.
I tell my secrets, both new and old,
Without any fret, you’re the one to be told.
The trust in you, that I behold...
For you know me better than myself.
The fear I endure, the pain I bear,
The secrets I whisper in your ear.

Lifting my head to see,
The darkness swallowing me.
My silent screams engulf thee...
For you know me better than myself.
The tears I shed, oceans they’d fill,
The nightmares I had, the refuge I seek,
In my wet pillow
If only you could talk,
You would describe me well...
For you know me better than myself.



This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

19 comments:

  1. Very evocative poem. Strong, nice, delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...and as Ritesh said.. delicious! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touching poem.
    Pillows are the custodians of so many secrets :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soulful, filled with emotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it very sad and emotional

      Delete
  5. awwwww - poor little rat nibbles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if this is an internal conversation - often there in our minds there is a side which knows us and a side which wants to know...maybe i felt that here (also love the hamster photo - am a rat mummy myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a calling for help.. to be rescued from evil.. from darkness.. perhaps a heart to heart conversation.. or a confession to God for guidance.. no matter how you interpret it.. it evokes so much passion. Its incredible!

    Lots of love,
    Sanaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dark is what we fear because it knows our truth. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful ! the line "for you know me better... " turned sadness into anguish , sort of irony .. loved it Meera :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beauty of a poem with so much emotion and a wonderful end I did not see coming...

    Donna@LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice poem conveying really strong emotions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missing someone - the strongest emotion than love!
    Nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful poem, Meera. It's so passionate and romantic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much. All your comment mean a lot to me. Do read my other poems. hope you like them too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...