18 Nov 2015

A Bit Of This And A Tad Of That!


I blog. Hence I blog. I don’t talk much about my blog at home. They know I blog but only recently they discovered my Nibbles. Still we don’t talk much about it.

Blogging, I started it as a hobby. Now after 3+ years, I name it my Profession. However I’ve enjoyed the process of this evolution. The other day, when my cousin introduced me to her friends as a Blogger, they were all excited to know about the blogosphere.

I am Meera. I am a Blogger.

I am proud to say it. Her friends started asking more about my blog and tips to start a blog.

'What do you blog about?', they asked.

Basically, I tend to write random things and that's what my blog name suggests. One day I write a poem and the next day I post my love for food. I even talk about the books I read, the places I visit and also have written about fashion, styles and shopping. Another day you get to read short stories and there are days I publish product reviews. I even ended up writing technology posts. Does my blog fall under the category of food blogging, fashion blogging, creative blogging or reviews?

I also get to pursue my interest in photography. I may not be a great photographer but then knowing my photos are published in my blog and just that thought drives me to click better shots. Does that mean this is a photo blog? Well, yeah you can call it that too.

But when I write this and that and of course, all of the above, which category should I say my blog falls under? I always get confused especially at times of choosing one particular category while submitting my blog for awards and nominations.

I said after a pause, 'I am a lifestyle blogger!'.

About the tip, well, I have only one if you are interested in starting a blog. Just have only one blog and whatever you write, maintain your own style and stick to it. I say this because I have seen people with more than one blogs but then not all the blogs are active after a while. You know, it takes so much time and effort to maintain one good blog. So keep one blog and showcase what you are best at. Cos I bet those who love your photography would definitely love to read your poems too.

I enjoy writing. So why restrict myself in what I want to write? I learnt as a lifestyle blogger, I don't have to restrict myself with a particular category. I have freedom to choose my topics to write.

'Btw, what’s a Lifestyle blog?' my cousin asked.

I sat straight and smiled, 'A lifestyle blog is where I write whatever I am pleased to write!'



So, tell me what niche your blog is?

Linking to WriteTribe's #MondayMusings.

38 comments:

  1. It is hard to decide for a person who intends to start a blog but eventually every blogger finds what suits his/her writing style the most. Good to know more about you.
    Mine is on travel and photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The journey defines itself. Thanks Indrani :)

      Delete
  2. Keep writing... random things are fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifestly blog - that sounds brilliant!
    I am gonna call myself that tooo...

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha...nice answer in the end. I agree that having just one site is best for us...and we can provide full attention to it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it helps to focus better, Alok. :)

      Delete
  5. I am maintaining two blogs one is dedicated to poems and the other one is I can say like you is an opinion blog having my opinions on everything around. But yes maintaining a blog is a difficult task

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kudos to your tasking skills, Cifar. :)

      Delete
  6. 'Maintain your own style and stick to it' - Totally! Also love how you are versatile with your writing, using yet rejecting labels at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adopted this versatility as I evolved with my writing. Thanks Sakshi! :)

      Delete
  7. It's hard for people like us to find a niche for our blogs. I use 'lifestyle' blogger too - because I write about everything that affects my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually good to write about life. Keep blogging. :)

      Delete
  8. Love the last line. My blog has no category, too and most of the time, I dunno how to describe it, though life is included in Scripting the Story of Life.
    Keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vishal. :) My wishes for your scripting.

      Delete
  9. Great advice! I had four blogs on different topics but maintaining them became super stressful. About a year ago I consolidated them all under one blog and both I and my blog are much happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kalpanaa. Happy for you and your blog. :)

      Delete
  10. [ Smiles ] I deal with miscellaneous topics on my blog. However, I do take a hint from my readers; they would let me know the types of posts that they would want me to publish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really clever, to take hints from the readers. Nice work Renard :)

      Delete
  11. This one quite a quirky piece. Superbly penned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the read Maitreni. :)

      Delete
  12. Glad to know you enjoy blogging, never mind the reason(s)! As long as you have the space to share your thoughts with the readers, and love doing so, keep it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Esha. Keep blogging. :)

      Delete
  13. As long as the post is interesting to read the category doesn't matter. My blogs is about travel and photography.
    You can check mine http://aruntravelpics.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your's is an interesting blog Arun. Keep visiting. :)

      Delete
  14. Ah... Every word true... Even my blog is miscellaneous... No one particular category... I hope to resume writing for my blog... Your blog continues to remain fresh even after three years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Akash. Resume and keep writing :)

      Delete
  15. Guess what, I too call myself lifestyle blogger :D
    I totally agree on more than one blog point. It totally takes a toll on the blogger too. I have three and sometimes I am partial to one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know our blogs belong to the same niche. Thanks Rajalakshmi :)

      Delete
  16. That picture which says 'I love exclamation marks' cause I know I so do! :D and Meera I totally agree maintaining one blog is soo much work one cannot fathom what it is like to have multiple.. no?

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Richa, One Blogger One Blog is really the best way to blog. :)

      Delete
  17. I've always said my blog's niche is Life. There's so much I love to write about and in the end, it all has to do with life. So I totally get what you're saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Sanch, it's all about life. :)

      Delete
  18. Good one! Happy your love and passion for writing makes you blog - thats the spirit! And life style blogger sure... I find it hard to label my blog, I also love to write about whatever comes to my mind... What a blessing that is:-) Keep writing sweetie:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eli. :) Keep blogging.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...