16 Jul 2016

DIY - Bird Feeder With Ice Cream Sticks


My darling budgies need entertainment everyday. They are active and social birds and so I have to make their day as lively as possible with new toys and interesting activities. From paper clips to dried flower basket and rope swing, budgies love to play with them.


Last week, I decided to present my little birds, a bird feeder. While doing it, I realized this will make a wonderful DIY project for kids. It’s quite easy and fun. This simple project will also keep them occupied during their holidays.

And here’s how I did.

Material

Ice Cream Sticks
Fevicol
Sisal Rope
Bird seeds


Method

* Line up 10-12 ice cream sticks neatly. Glue 2 sticks across them and turn it over.
* Do a second row with sticks in opposite direction to strengthen the base.
* Glue sticks on each side alternatively and start making the frame.
* Continue building like a wall on four sides, until it has 6 rows.
* Glue each sticks with a little fevicol and only in the corners.
* Set aside to dry.
* Cut 4 pieces of sisal rope in same length and thread through the bottom row and bring it out. It's ready to
hang now.


Let the kids enjoy doing this and the birds enjoy their food from this lovely little bird feeder. And it costs not more than 20 Rs.


Fill with bird seeds, hang in your garden and treat your little guests. :)

27 comments:

  1. wow! The bird feeder looks so cute. Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, Purba :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely :) Thanks for the post.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOMG love the cuties sitting on the bird feeder the last pic ! Simple and cute, love the ice cream stick creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my little darlings are cute <3
      Good to see you here, Najm. :)

      Delete
  4. Great and very creative idea Meera

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice bird feeder, good to see the cute little birds take a fancy towards it :) But if there is a way to cover the small holes in the sides, this will become even better.

    Destination Infinity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, other birds can peck the spilled seeds from the ground.. :)

      Delete
  6. Now that looks like something I cna do tooo.. loved the idea I am surly making one .. I get so many birds in my little garden

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you should try this, Bikram. This will surely invite more guests to your garden :)

      Delete
  7. now that is very creative.. recycled and further to help little birds.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so beautiful :D
    Excellent one dear. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nam, Thanks. It's good to see you around. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow. That looks good. I would love to try this out.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got inspired. :)

      Delete
  10. It looks so lovely too! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are really cute. Every pet owners should be proud of themselves if their pets are healthy and happy. I had been following the Pet Grooming Tips to groom my pet dog Bruno that's a German Shepard and this has simplified my job actually.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This made me remember the parrot that we used to take care of. S/he was talkative like me as well. Surely, s/he would have liked this DIY feeder as well. I did not expect that we could also have DIY goodies for our pets. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...