12 Apr 2013

My Food Journey in Bangalore - Part 1


I have been enjoying my days in Bangalore last month in my brother’s home and just returned to Chennai. With the scorching sun here, I wish I go back there again. Nice place it is, though right then it was bit humid climate and stuffy. It is indeed my good available choice of place to escape from this Chennai’s hot hot summer.

During my stay there, my cousin and I had some good times exploring some interesting restaurants. Of very late, it occurred to me that I could share it here with the pictures and my little funny experience of gobbling good food n gulping tasty drinks. J

My Date With Apple Grape Sangria

One day after our yoga lessons, we were looking for some place to quench our thirst. We usually catch an auto come straight to our neighborhood, where we have tasty tasty sugarcane juice. But that day, my cousin was telling about this tea shop and it was in a walk-able distance, where she went quite a long time back with one of her friends. Okay I said, happily looking forward, we set our journey searching for Chai Patty - Tea Cafe - Teafe.


‘A small and a nice road side kinda tea shop’, she said, ‘you will love it’. I was very excited and couldn't wait any longer to have some freshly brewed Chai to regain my lost energy. Since she said it was somewhere nearby, we decided to take a walk. In 100 feet road, we were walking... walking... walking... straight ahead, looking for this Teafe but couldn't find it anywhere nearby. Little more than 45 minutes of walk from our yoga class, we passed by 3 bus stops in that main road, already, surfing every shops out there. ‘It was here. It was here. I remember, but have they shifted elsewhere? oops’, she was mumbling all the way. We both were very tired and badly needed to sit. Finally, ‘there it is’, she exclaimed.  It was an under construction building. We were breathless and climbed 2 stories, since no lift available. And yeah they seemed to have moved from the ground floor to the second, recently.

As we entered, I found it was a lovely place to hangout with friends. With bamboo chairs and mats and short tables n stools, the ambiance and the drawings all over the walls, I liked it immediately. The crowd was decent as well. We sat down and glanced through the menu, my cousin ordered for lemon tea, without much thought. And since I was quite sweaty after power yoga and of course, my long tiring walk, made my mind to change for something cold to quench my thirst at that time. There I caught an interesting name, Apple Grape Sangria. Sounds like an interesting name, isn't it? We placed our orders and waiting for them to serve us.






We were relaxing and chit chatting till they serve and taking pictures of each other. We kinda sat opposite to the fridge, and then my cousin pointed at the waiter who was holding my drink’s ingredients in hand. I was like (:o)

In a few minutes time, he served us the drinks. I was so thirsty, whatever the ingredient was, I gulped already half the glass of my chilled drink. Do I have to say it was good? Well, at that time, even plain cold water would have tasted better in my tongue. I tasted my cousin's Lemon Tea and it was good n refreshing. But we found the quantity was little less or that’s what we thought.

We were little bit of disappointed... idhukka ivlo dhooram nadanthu vandhom? :-/ Have we walked all the way to spend on ‘this’ drink?? L


There was this accessory shop inside Chai Patty. My cousin bought a shoe there. At the end, we both were happy for that she got a new shoe, which indeed made our walk worth it. A walk to remember in a long time.





Still, yeah, we could have stopped by a supermarket to have my very drink. Never mind. We enjoyed laughing at it now. Oh wait, I will of course let you know the recipe of it. It is indeed a perfect one to serve when you have a guest at home or to drink and relish yourself this summer.

Half a glass of Tropicana Apple + Half a glass of Tropicana Grape + few Apple pieces to float = Apple Grape Sangria, cost me 60 bucks and leg pain that night.


Well, it was not my perfect date then but now i got a story to share here and of course smiling at it.

And yeah, I told you that we saw that waiter standing near the fridge, with the ingredient in hand, right? Now I bet you can guess what he was holding then. ;-)

Moral of the story... Drink tea in a tea shop and coffee in a coffee shop, rather than buying a juice. :p

21 comments:

  1. You seem to have enjoyed delicious food in bangalore! Yummmy! I love the food here too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I did have my chances to explore few good restaurants and to taste some interesting dishes this time. We certainly had lots of fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Scorching summer, frequent power shout down make Chennai a hell. Bangalore is a nice place climate wise. Nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Vetti bandha waste, nambunga verum taste'! That place does look like a 'vetti bandha' one! And you may never know, they might have actually followed your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha very true Malini. and its not exactly my recipe. the waiter there was holding those two Tropicana flavors which made me guess their secret ingredient. It is quite a vetti bandha place. :p

      Delete
  4. nice clicks !! chai Patty with a accessory shop inside .. and the kind of interior inside ... looks a perfect hang out zone .. btw where is this ??

    and yes even i vote for your bottonline - tea in a tea shop philosophy ...CCD or mochas of Mumbai are exceptions , may be !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was one good interior. Its in 100 ft road, Indra Nagar. Do visit there but drink only chai :-)

      Delete
  5. Did you try the 100ft boutique restaurant??? Do try it next time, shopping & food combined, its a feel good factor there! :)
    Indian Fashion n Travel Blogger! - Bhusha's INDIA TRAVELOGUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did.. That was where I had my last dinner of this trip. It was really an awesome place. with shopping combined and nice interior. Loved the place and the food.

      Delete
  6. LOL on the gyan. You explored a lot of interesting places and nice clicks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah.. lol... got a chance to explore some interesting places to share here with some decent food snaps.. hopefully :p

      Delete
  7. Nice. I too wanted to visit Banglore, Silicon valley of India. Its a wonderful place climate wise too.

    Kindly give your feedback to my latest post.

    Technology News

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. do visit there. indeed a wonderful place it is... warm welcome to my burrow :-)

      Delete
  8. These guys have a page on FB too! :)
    Lesson learnt the hard way eh? Cool pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yeah.. hard learned lesson.. they have a website too.. :-)

      Delete
  9. hey looks like you enjoyed your food journey of Bangalore..nice pics..thanks for sharing the post....
    order food Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah. i did have loads of fun and enjoyed my food there. thanks for dropping by. welcome to my space :)

      Delete
  10. Good blog..And I am sure you did enjoy the journey..And of course I feel that it is for sure that one has to appreciate the food.

    Booking Restaurants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks domina. yes indeed i enjoyed my food journey there. i have some more pics and experiences to share as well.. :)

      Delete
  11. ☕๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘ณ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...