29 Jul 2013

My Best Trip Ever


Basically I love to travel a lot but sadly I dint get much chance to discover new places. If I have to write about my best trip, well, here it is.

I have many reasons to choose this as my best trip. Foremost, it is the first... er... the only entire family trip till date. Second it is my first ever road trip. It has every element a trip needs - family, fun, craziness, petty fights, adjustments, altogether learning from our experiences.

It was during our vacation, when my dad and uncle family coming home from abroad after a year. We were so excited looking for this long awaited family tour. A dream road trip...

Our journey started from Chennai. Scorpio started vroom-ing in the national highway in that scorching April heat. Later in the evening, the weather started to cheer us as we almost reached Bangalore. We spent there a day, then headed to Jog Falls. Actually Falls was not in our agenda. But since we were in Karnataka for the first time and remembering our geography lessons about India’s highest waterfalls, we persuaded our dad to take us there as a study tour ;) but only to see the waterfalls similar to this... Never mind, after all we had a wonderful long drive. Entire journey we had lotsa fun karoke-ing, playing riddles, name-place-things and dumb charades.

Jog Falls in No Monsoon Season :(

On our way back to Mysore, the road was along the coastal side with awesome view. This was the trip where I discovered my craze towards sunglasses. Every time we set out, immediately I felt like wearing my coolers. One day I wondered *what if people think I am showing off* so to avoid that, I said aloud fluttering my hands, ‘ah... my eyes are burning yaar..!’ Everyone burst out laughing and started teasing, ‘ok.. ok.. now we all know you’re going to wear the sunglasses. ippo indha scene thevaya?’  Since then it makes me smile every time I wear my sunglasses. B-)

Coastal drive on our way to Mysore

Mysore Palace

Tipu Sultan Palace, Mysore

Brindavan Garden, Mysore

As we reached Coorg, it started drizzling with a weather apt to travel. We stopped in many places to simply enjoy the scenic beauty and to take family pictures. Throughout the journey, we were pretending like TV anchors presenting a travel show and talked about the places, recording in our handycam.

Boating, Coorg

Elephant Sanctuary, Coorg

at Nisargadhama Forest, Coorg

Raja's Seat, Coorg

Finally, the trip ended at Raja's seat with a note... ‘ayyo, the tour is over already..’ sigh!

Besides all those first time fun, do I've to look for any other reason to say this is the best trip I ever went?

Being grownups, we went again to trace back our old cherished memories to the same places last year and the pictures were taken then...

A chance to win a trip to Michelin Pilot Experience at BlogAdda.com.

34 comments:

  1. A very Enjoyable and Memorable Road Trip you had..I have been to Mysore and it is worth a visit,Never been to Coorg though planning to visit this August.... :-)
    BTW I like the lines "Oh My Eyes are Burning"..So I Guess you don't wear Sunglass just to show-off.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ya i like to wear sunglasses for i feel so comfortable in it. thanks Harsha :)

      Delete
  2. must be a memorable road trip........ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks indeed it was a memorable tour :)

      Delete
  3. beautifully conveyed:)short and sweet:P......loved ur humour:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.. and i must say its kinda surprise comment from you :)

      Delete
  4. A family road trip is alwasy enjoyable. Loved the pics. and many more trips to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya its always enjoyable going on a trip with family. thanks Kalpana :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful memory Meera and very nice photographs. Wish U all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya it was fun n funny memories.. thanks Jahid :)

      Delete
  6. nice snap along with nice trip description all the best !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely trip you had Meera! I have visited all these places and i really love them, especially the Mysore palace-it's of its kind! All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya Mysore is one of the must visit places. thank you Bushra :)

      Delete
  8. nice narration and lovely pics.....imagining a rat wearing sunglasses :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. this rat loves to wear sunglasses B-)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pics and very enjoyable trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya.. totally enjoyable.. thanks Yamini :)

      Delete
  10. woww... beautiful! i am sure you had a wonderful trip! really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep very much we enjoyed in that tour.. thanks a lot Anju :)

      Delete
  11. good one, I like the way you convinced your dad about " Study Tour",

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we had to do lotsa tricks to convince the elders then.. well it was fun. thanks Prasad :)

      Delete
  12. You should have had a wonderful trip. Lovely snaps too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya i did have a wonderful trip. thank you :)

      Delete
  13. Good post and memories :). I have also gone to Coorg n Mysore. Awesome climate in these places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya nice manageable weather even at summer.. thanks Akash :)

      Delete
  14. Hey Nice pictures and looks like you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a wonderful wonderful place Meera. Loved your journey through your words!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...